Health and safety are among the core focus areas of our sustainability framework, and we adopted the progressive ideal of ‘Vision Zero’, in line with the beliefs and aspiration of Adani Group. We strongly believe and propagate that safety is a culture that should be embedded in the DNA of every stakeholder. We assign a strategic impetus to safety at the Group level, as embedded in the Adani Green Book. Our Occupational Health and Safety Policy demonstrates commitment of senior leadership and provide guidance for effective safety management system across all port and logistic sites.
Implementation of safety function as a line management approach has been effectively deployed across the entire organization through the formation of five Task Forces each headed by a member of the Senior Leadership team who is accountable for the effective functioning of respective task force.
Incorporation of safety requirements as an integral part of design of facilities, equipment etc. has been institutionalized further safety standards on Road, Rail and Logistics safety have been developed and being implemented along with the 10 Life Saving safety rules.
Strengthening of contractors’ safety management is a key focus area and concerted efforts are being made to upskill contractor workmen and key supervisory personnel so that they help us achieve VISION ZERO.
Initiatives & Achievements
- Adani Gensuite – on-line platform for reporting of safety concerns i.e. unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, near misses and incidents. Analysis of safety performance tracking and monitoring of investigation recommendations for all ports
- All ports are certified for Safety Management System (ISO 45001)
- Conducting mock drills with respect to identified major risk scenarios
- Hazard identification and risk assessment controls for all hazardous and risk activities
- Developing Heat Map to identify high risk activities/ areas for all Ports and Logistics sites.
- Implemented OHS Port Ranking System for Monitoring and enhancing safety performance.
- Institutionalized tarpaulin covering in dumpers using fall protection system.
- Use of Technology like GPS based Vehicle Tracking System, Vahan Analytics, Surveillance Cameras for monitoring speed and unsafe acts
- Strengthened Safety Culture amongst leadership team through safety awakening program, suraksha samvaad, incident investigation etc.