With the global trade rising and expected to peak in coming decade, as a port & logistics sector company our aim is to reduce the amount of waste that we generate and, to ensure the waste we generate is 100% reused or recycled – whether for the same purpose or for a secondary use.
Our initiatives are guided by four major goals under the Zero Waste Initiative which follow 5R Principles (Reduce, Reuse, Reprocess, Recycle and Recover):
- Zero Waste to Landfill
- Zero Incineration
- Zero Unauthorized Disposal
- Zero Effluent Discharge
Initiatives & Achievements
- We help our upstream customers to manage their wastes through provision of on-payment in-house state-of-art facilities and through third party vendors.
- Our State-of-art facilities has material recovery yard, waste disposal yard, automatic waste segregator, biogas plants, organic waste converters, vermicomposting facility, oil water separator, bailing machine, separate storage yards for hazardous and non-hazardous wastes, three bin system, dedicated workforce for waste collection and segregation etc.
- In FY20, 94% of wastes generated due to cargo loading and other port related activities were managed through 5R (Reduce, Reuse, Reprocess, Recycle and Recover) principles.
- Our Mundra facility is a ‘Zero Waste to Landfill (ZWL)’ certified port, a feat achieved in FY 19.
- ‘Zero hazardous waste to landfill’ achieved consecutively for three years since FY 17.