Dry Bulk Cargo
Mundra port handles multiple types of Bulk Cargo including coal, fertilizers, minerals, and agri-products. With deep draft berths and multipurpose terminals, the port efficiently handles the largest bulk carriers in the world. The port has covered and open storage areas with enormous capacity. Excellent cargo evacuation and receiving infrastructure support smooth cargo movement in and out of the port.
- Fast turnaround of fertilizer vessels
- Single window service by APSEZ, Mundra for all activities related to berthing, stevedoring, back-up handling to dispatch (rail/road)
- Round the year, all weather port with no LOA restrictions
- Best-in-class infrastructure for coastal movement of fertilizers
- Only port on the west coast of India capable of handling gearless panamax vessels at berth
- Best-in-class infrastructure for coastal movement of fertilizers
- Covered storage for 6.8 lakh tonnes of transit cargo at any given time
The Fertilisers handled at Mundra Port are of all types and grades including Granular Urea / Prilled Urea / DAP / DAP Lite / MOP Red / MOP White / NP / NPK / Rock Phosphate. The port operations team understands the delicate nature of fertilizer cargo and knows the best way to handle it, even during the peak season, ensuring full customer satisfaction.
For meeting the increased demand of customers for dispatching fertilizer during peak season, Mundra port has developed a fully mechanised fertiliser handling system known as Fertilizer Cargo Complex (FCC), capable of turning around 10 rakes in a day.
- Dedicated agri berths at Mundra Port support the entire cargo handling process.
- State-of-the-art commodity specific facility which enables consolidation of cargo, helping traders benefit from spot future arbitrage.
- Semi-mechanised handling facility for agri commodities.
- Smooth rail connectivity eliminates multiple handling and results in reduced handling losses.
- Empty bags storage yard.
The Agri commodities that Mundra port handles include Yellow Peas, Chick Peas, Sugar, Crimson Lentils, Wheat, DOC, Barley, Sorghums, Maize, Rice among others. Agri commodities are imported and exported at Mundra port in bulk as well as bagged form.
The port operations team is mindful of protocols in handling agri products and follows stringent standards in handling them.The port has separate dedicated berths and specialised facilities for ensuring clean and contamination free handling of Agri cargo.
- Dedicated infrastructure for handling minerals
- Berths capable of handling post-panamax and capsize vessels
- Priority berthing policy in place with dedicated berth for minerals.
- Mobile Harbour cranes having 100 tonne capacity
- Large fleet of dumpers for internal transportation
- Open concrete plots for storage of minerals – up to 100,000 sq. mtrs storage area.
- High-heaping equipments for heaping the cargo in open plots.
- Complete covering of cargo during monsoons
Mundra Port handles all types of minerals and related cargo including Bauxite, Bentonite, Cement, Clay, Clinker, Industrial salt, Iron Ore fine, Iron Ore Pallets, Kaolin, Gypsum, Bleaching Powder and Scrap amongst others.
The port has handled these products in bulk and bagged form using specialised equipment ensuring efficient operations and eliminating cargo spillages.
West Basin, the world’s largest coal import terminal, is an ultra-modern fully mechanised infrastructure with unparalleled capabilities in coal handling.We handle all types and grades of coal including steam coal, coking coal imported into the country or moved from domestic sources.
The deep draft berths at West Basin are capable of handling the largest capsize bulk carriers. The integrated conveyor system along with mechanised system allows the port to handle huge volumes of coal cargo required by the customers.
Break Bulk Cargo
Mundra Port has expertise in successfully handling over-sized and overweight Project cargo. Availability of an exclusive sea front and berthing ensures that there are no restrictions on the kind of Project cargo that the port can handle. In the past, the port has handled Boilers, Rail Wagons (of Delhi metro), Heavy Transformers, complete Windmills and Heavy Machineries. Due to the high strength structure, very heavy parcels can be handled efficiently at Mundra.
- Project Cargo
- State-of-the-art technology Goliath cranes attached with vacuum lifters to get scratch free handling of quality sensitive cargo of steel pipes.
- Single window service by APSEZ facilitating all activities from berthing, stevedoring, back-up handling to dispatch.
- Best-in-class steel yard spread across 1.5 lacs sq. mtrs. within the port having a capacity to handle 6 MMT/ year.
- Equipment at port for handling steel cargo includes 6 Kalmars (42 T capacity), 16 mobile harbor cranes (100 MT capacity), 8 Goliath cranes with vacuum lifting attachments, forklifts (42 T capacity) and 1 Reach Stacker.
- Specially designed coil stands for locking of coils on trailers for internal movement and System 88 for use on trailers for safe pipe transportation.
All types and grades of steel cargo, including Plates, Beams, Coils, Pipes, Slabs, Bars, Billets, CR Coils, HR Coils, over dimension Steel Plates / Beams or Pipes requiring specialised operations can be easily handled at Mundra port.
The port has a state-of-the-art, fully mechanised steel cargo handling facility. This facility allows for enhanced safety and eliminates chances of cargo damages.
Mundra Port has expertise in successfully handling over-sized and overweight Project cargo.
Availability of an exclusive sea front and berthing ensures that there are no restrictions on the kind of Project cargo that the port can handle. In the past, the port has handled Boilers, Rail Wagons (of Delhi metro), Heavy Transformers, complete Windmills and Heavy Machineries. Due to the high strength structure, very heavy parcels can be handled efficiently at Mundra.
Mundra port handles timber logs of different kinds for different customers. The port’s strong infrastructure and large fleet of equipment can successfully discharge large parcels quickly. Considering the customers’ requirements, the port also allows them to handle the timber cargo using their own resources. The port has earmarked a storage area capable of 350,000MT timber storage.
Port’s multiple berths equipped with different types and sizes of pipelines from jetty to tank farm, ensure safe and efficient handling of liquid products in big parcels. The tank farm at the port is capable of storing multiple types of liquid cargo including veg oil, chemicals and petroleum, oil & lubricants (POL) products. The infrastructure at the Liquid terminal ensures best in class storage, safe and contamination free handling of cargo for the customer.
- Veg Oil
- Chemicals / POL
The port has dedicated tanks with heating facilities and heat tracing facility in the pipelines from the tank to the loading point for Vegetable oils. The port handles a range of Vegetable oil products including Crude Palm Oil (Edible and Non-edible oil Grades) (CPO), Crude Soybean Oil (CSO), Crude Palm Styrene (CPS), Palm Fatty Acid Distillate (PFAD), Refined Sunflower Oil (RSO), Crude Safflower Seed Oil (CSSO), Refined Soya bean Oil (RSO), Crude Palm Kernel Oil (Edible and Non-edible oil Grades - CPKO).
The tanks in the enclosure for POL cargo have insulation facility and a floating roof capable of storing any class of Petroleum products like Naphtha, Base Oil, High Speed Diesel (HSD), Motor Spirit (MS), Superior Kerosene Oil (SKO), Fuel/Furnace Oil (FO), Waxes, Carbon Black Feed Stock (CBFS).
Mundra port is the only port terminal which handles Bulk Bitumen on the North-West coast of India.
Mundra Tank farm has a combination of SS tanks, CS tanks & MS tanks enabling storage of a wide range of chemicals and petrochemicals. The port handles various products including Methanol, Ethanol, Acetic Acid, Glycerin, Caustic Soda Lye, Toluene, Phenol, Ethylene Di-Chloride (EDC), Solvent C-9, N-Butanol, Linear Alkyl Benzene (LAB), Heavy Aromatic Oil, 2 Ethyl Hexanol, Benzene, Ethyl Acetate, Epichlorohydrin, Vinyl Acetate Monomer (VAM), Paraxylene, Lauryl Alcohol, Acrylonitrile (ACN).
Mundra Port is the second largest port in India in handling container cargo. In 2014 – 15, Mundra port handled 1.75 Million TEUs and has the installed terminal capacity to handle 2.3 Million TEUs p.a. Mundra port is known for its customer centric approach by providing higher productivity, innovation logistics solutions, faster turnaround of vessels and faster evacuation of containers from the port through double stacked trains.
Adani Ports operates two terminals at Mundra - Adani Mundra Container Terminal (AMCT) which started operations in 2007, and Adani International Container Terminal (AICTPL)which was operationalised in 2013. Jointly both terminals handle 26 services, connecting India to destinations across the world.
Adani Mundra Container Terminal
Adani International Container Terminal
Adani CMA Mundra Terminal
2 Berths, 631 Mtrs
2 Berths, 810 Mtrs
2 Berths, 650 M
1 Mn TEUs
1.3 Mn TEUs
6 Super Post Panamax (22 across)
6 Super Post Panamax (24 across)
4 Post Panamax
Rubber Tyre Gantry Cranes
20 – All Converted to Electronic Drive
18- All Converted to Electronic Drive
Mundra port established Automobile Roll On – Roll Off (RO RO) Terminal in the year 2009 and since then has been serving as a gateway port for Automobile companies situated in Delhi NCR, Rajasthan and Gujarat region. Mundra port handles exports of Cars, Buses, and Trucks.
The port operations team is mindful of the specificities involved in Automobile exports has highly skilled personnel and systems in place for the same. Mundra port has a highly innovative floating pontoon and link span which is also one-of-its-kind in India for round-the-clock RO-RO operation without any tidal restriction.
The port also has a buffer yard along with a washing facility for parking and washing of vehicles before loading them on ships.
Mundra Port operates two Single Point Mooring (SPM) facilities to evacuate imported crude oil. These SPMs can handle Very Large Crude Carriers (VLCC) and Ultra Large Crude Carriers (ULCC) up to 360,000 Tonnes of Dead Weight Tonnes (DWT).
The crude is transported to refineries in North India through cross country pipeline network.
Mundra Port extends marine and vessel related services on demand to the vessels that come calling. The services offered are Bunker, Fresh water, Ship stores, Waste disposal and Repair facilities.