Media Release Details
Q4 FY2014 - Adani Ports and SEZ consolidated total income for the year FY14 increased by 43% to Rs 5,508 crore compared to Rs 3,841 crore in the last year.
- Consolidated cargo for FY14 increased by 24% to 112.75 MMT vs 90.71 MMT in FY13
- Consolidated Total Income including other income forFY14 increased by 43% to Rs 5,508 crore vs. Rs 3,841 crore in FY13
- Consolidated PAT for FY14 stands at Rs 1,740 crore
- Consolidated cargo for Q4FY14 increased by 12% to 28.85 MMT vs 25.67 MMT in Q4FY13
- Consolidated Total Income including other income for Q4FY14 increased by 19% to Rs 1,289 crore vs. Rs 1,082 crore in Q4FY13
- Consolidated PAT for Q4FY14 stands at Rs.530 crore
- Mundra Port crossed 100 MMT mark by handling 101.12 MMT cargo in FY14, the only Commercial port in India to achieve this milestone and holds No 1 position amongst all commercial ports in terms of cargo handling
- Adani Ports won Ennore Container Terminal project, it will mark as foray into container business on eastern coast of India
- Handled highest Coal volume 36.21 MMT during FY 2013-14 surpassing Paradip Port 32.07MMT
- Deepest draft vessel handled at CT3 (MSC Susanna,a 336 meter vessel with a draft of 15.30 meter on 22nd March’14 – National record)
Ahmedabad,May 15, 2014: Adani Ports & SEZ Ltd, India’s largest port developer and part of Adani Group, today announced the financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended March 31, 2014.
Consolidated total income for the year FY14 increased by 43% to Rs 5,508 crore compared to Rs 3,841 crore in the last year. The consolidated EBIDTA increased by 36% to Rs 3,604 crore compared to Rs 2,640 crore in the last year. The consolidated PAT without considering Abbot Point, which had been divested last year, for the current year increased by 13% to Rs 1,740 crore as compared to Rs 1,538 crore in the last year. The consolidated cargo handled by the company was 112.75 MMT in year FY14,an increase of 24%, over last year.
Consolidated total income for the current quarter increased by 19% to Rs 1,289 crore compared to Rs 1,082 crore in the same period lastyear. The consolidated EBIDTA increased by 20% to Rs 836 crore compared to Rs 698crore in the same period last year.
The consolidated PAT without considering Abbot Point, which had been divested last year, for the current quarter increased by 43%to Rs 530 crore as compared to Rs 370 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated cargo handled by the company was 28.85 MMT in Q4FY14, an increase of 12%, over same period last year.
Adani ports Mundra handled 101.12 MMT cargo making it the largest commercial port in India. It registered a 23% growth in the yearFY14 compared to growth of 2% for cargo at all major ports. In case of containers, it handled 2.39 million TEUs with 38% growth as compared tode-growth by 3% in container volume at all major ports.
During the current quarter Adani Ports Mundra handled26.39 MMT cargo with 15% growth in Q4FY14 compared to growth of 1% for at all major ports. In case of containers, it handled 0.71 million TEUs with 49% growth as compared to a no growth at all major ports.
Commenting on the results, Mr. Gautam Adani,Chairman, Adani Ports & SEZ Ltd. said, “It has been a proud year for us as Mundra Port is the first Indian commercial port to cross the 100 million tonmark. We expect to continue our leadership in the sector and contribute towards Nation Building.”
Mr. Sudipta Bhattacharya, Chief Executive Officer elaborating on the financial performance said, “We had a robust year with growth on all fronts and improved margins. Our focus on integrated services,process efficiencies coupled with our customer focus will enable us to create significant value for all the stakeholders.”
The port at Dahej continues to perform very well.It handled cargo of 7.89 MMT in the year FY14, a rise of 4% as compared to 7.56MMT in corresponding period previous year.
The port at Hazira handled a cargo of 0.94 MMT in Q4FY14and 3.73 MMT in the year FY14.
The Board of Directors have recommended a dividend of 50% i.e Rs.1 per equity share for FY13-14.
Progress on Other Port Projects and Other Highlights:
The coal terminal at Visakhapatnam port was completed8 months ahead of schedule. This marks entry of Adani Ports on the east coast of India. The coal terminal at Murmugao is also completed.
Project execution of Tuna Tekra at Kandla is as per the schedule.The company has also signed the concession agreement with Ennore Port Ltd. (now changed to Kamarajan Port Ltd.).
About The Adani Group
The Adani Group is one of India’sleading business houses with revenue of over $8.7 billion.
Founded in 1988, Adani has grown to become a global integrated infrastructure player with businesses in key industry verticals - resources, logistics and energy. The integrated model is well adapted to the infrastructure challenges of the emerging economies.
We live and work in the communities where we operate and take our responsibilities to society seriously. The Group protects biodiversity in ecologically sensitive areas like Mundra and undertakes initiatives to reduce CO2 emissions. At Adani,we deliver benefits to our customers and customers’ customers.