Media Release Details
Adani Ports and SEZ 9MFY14 Consolidated Total Income rises 53% at Rs 4,219
- Consolidated Total Income for 9MFY14 increased by 53% to Rs 4,219 crore vs. Rs 2,759 crore in 9MFY13
- Consolidated EBITDA for 9MFY14 increased by 43% to Rs 2,768 crore vs. Rs 1,942 crore in 9MFY13.
- Consolidated PAT for 9MFY14 increased by 33% to Rs.1,210 crore vs. Rs.913 crore in 9MFY13
- Consolidated Cargo for 9MFY14 increased by 29% to 83.90 MMT vs 65.04 MMT in 9MFY13.
- Consolidated Total Income for Q3FY14 increased by 16% to Rs 1,244 crore vs.Rs 1,076 crore in Q3FY13
- Consolidated EBITDA for Q3FY14 increased by 8% to Rs 812 crore Vs. Rs 753 crore in Q3FY13
- Consolidated PAT for Q3FY14 increased by 25% to Rs.451 crore vs. Rs.361 crore in Q3FY13
- Consolidated Cargo for Q3FY14 increased by 21% to 29.14 MMT vs 24.10 MMT in Q3FY13.
- AdaniPorts signed MOU with Belgian Port of Zeebrugge
- AdaniPorts completed coal terminal at Visakhapatnam Port 8 months ahead of schedule
- AdaniPorts commenced liquid cargo operations at Hazira Port
- Mundra Port continues to be No. 1 Commercial Port of India handling 74.73 MMT of Cargoin 9MFY14 outperforming Kandla Port (66.08 MMT)
- Mundra Port handled highest Coal volume 27.09 MMT in 9MFY14 surpassing Paradip Port (23.91 MMT)
- Mundra Port handled highest parcel size at Container Terminal 3 (7,504 TEUs on MSCAntigua on 18th Nov’13 – National record)
- Adani Ports won “Best Container Port of the Year”award on 16th Nov’13 by Daily Shipping at Gujarat Star Award, Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad,January 27, 2014: Adani Ports & SEZ Ltd, India’s largest port developer and part of Adani Group, today announced the financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended December 31,2013.
Consolidated total income for nine months increased by 53% to Rs 4,219 crore compared to Rs 2,759 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated EBIDTA increased by 43% to Rs 2,768 crore compared to Rs1,942 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated PAT increased by 33%to Rs 1,210 crore for nine months as compared to Rs 913 crore in the same period last year.The consolidated cargo handled by the company was 83.90 MMT in nine months FY14,an increase of 29%, over same period last year.
Consolidated total income for the current quarter increased by 16% to Rs 1,244 crore compared to Rs 1,076 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated EBIDTA increased by 8% to Rs 812 crore compared to Rs 753 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated PAT for the current quarter increased by 25% to Rs 451 crore as compared to Rs 361 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated cargo handled by the company was 29.14 MMT in Q3 FY14,an increase of 21%, over same period last year.
Adani ports handled 74.73 MMT cargo making it the largest commercial port in India. It registered a 26% growth in nine months FY14 compared to growth of 2% for cargo at all major ports. In case of containers, it handled 1.68 million TEUs with 33% growth as compared to de-growth by 4% in container volume at all major ports.
The Company handled 26.52 MMT cargo with 24% growth in Q3FY14 compared to growth of 1% for at all major ports. In case of containers handled 0.64 million TEUs with 57% growth as compared to a de-growth by 3% for at all major ports.
Commenting on the results, Mr. Gautam Adani, Chairman, Adani Ports & SEZ Ltd. said, “Our aim is always to follow best practices and help in nation building through worldclass infrastructure and we are glad, we are progressing well in the direction.”
Mr B Ravi, Chief Financial Officer elaborating on the financial performance said, “We had robust cargo volumes at our all operational ports. Our focus on improving processes and innovation will enable us to have long term sustainable growth. Diversified cargo growth with completion of other ports will provide additional thrust to the growth in ensuing period resulting better financial performance.”
The port at Dahej continues to perform very well,handling a cargo of 6.38 MMT in nine months FY14, a rise of 15% as compared to 5.55MMT in corresponding period previous year.
The port at Hazira handled a cargo of 0.95 MMT in Q3FY14 and 2.79 MMT in nine months FY14, continuing its journey to be a largediversified port.
Progress on Other Port Projects and Other Highlights:
The coal terminal at Visakhapatnam port was completed 8 months ahead of schedule. This marks entry of Adani Ports on the east coastof India.
Project execution of ports at Goa is nearing completion and Tuna Tekra at Kandla is as per the schedule.